Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blog Post 12

For this assignment, we're required to come up with something Doctor Strange might assign, in our area of specialty, and then do it. My "area of specialty" is English/Language Arts. So naturally, I wanted to do something with books.

The assignment is to go to Facebook and create an account for a fictional character. Using posts on their wall, detail from their point of view an event that happens in the story of their lives.
A facebook page for the fictional character Edmond Dantès.

I chose to use one of my favorite books, The Count of Monte Cristo, and made an account for the character Edmond Dantès. On his wall he chronicles the events in the beginning of the book, when he is wrongfully arrested and sent to prison, and the events leading up to him breaking out of prison. I thought this would be a good stopping point, because after this he is no longer Edmond Dantès--he is the Count.

3 comments:

  1. Emily, this idea is brilliant! It is adaptable for any student old enough to understand Facebook. This would make a really interesting substitution for the standard book report! Consider this idea 'borrowed.' Good job! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,

    I'm extremely jealous of your creativity. I would have NEVER thought to do something like that, but I think it's a great idea! If we were assigned this project, I would choose to be a character from one of my favorite books, as well. I would choose The Great Gatsby, so you could probably imagine who I would be-- Daisy Buchanan. Great job on this post, and keep up the good work; we're almost finished!

    April C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful. There are so many activities to be built off this. Your class can all friend each other and comment on each character's time lines. The characters could be chosen from a period of history and they could basically re-live the history through Facebook in their own words with their own personalities! I'm stealing this. :]

    ReplyDelete