Sunday, March 11, 2012

C4T 2

The first post I commented on at Burrow's Art was a collection of drawings done by the students for various projects. Most seemed to be famous people--Angelina Jolie, Biggie and Tupac, and another I didn't recognize--but the other three consisted of a group of three people wearing masks, a cartoonish rabbit's head on a spinal cord, and a shadowy close-up of a person's hand. I said that I liked the shading on drawings of the hand and Biggie and Tupac, and that my favourite was the rabbit head. I liked the detail in the fur and flesh, and the over-sized teeth. They're all amazing artists, and I expressed my regret that I could never do what they seem to do so easily.

A student's rendition of Rosa Parks sitting on a bus, with two people in the background. She's wearing big, reflective glasses, and she's got a stubborn look about the mouth. Like Captain America's famous 'No, you move line' from the comics.
The second post was another collection of drawings, this time done for Black History Month. It included such famous people as Martin Luther King Jr., Barack Obama, and Rosa Parks. This was done while their teacher was away for court duty, and he was very proud of them. I thought they did a really good job on these, and I really liked the Rosa Parks one for how simple it was, yet it still managed to convey plenty of detail with just a few lines--like the wrinkles on her neck and the stubborn look on her face. Everyone did great, and I'm glad they used their art to celebrate the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment