Sunday, March 4, 2012

C4KSummary for February

A child's drawing of himself standing next to a bright yellow wicket.

I commented on a post by Jordan A. from Pt. England School. Jordan talked about how he played Cricket, and how lucky he was he didn't get hit while playing. He also talked about trying to find the ball. He had a good drawing of him in his uniform, next to a bright yellow wicket. I introduced myself and I told him I'd never played Cricket before, and asked him if it was fun. I'm glad he didn't get hit when playing, and I told him I liked his drawing.



I next commented on Riley C.'s post titled LMFAO's Sexy and I Know It. Riley wrote about the group LMFAO, and had some pretty interesting information about the number of charts their song "Sexy and I Know It" has topped. Riley also talked about some of their other songs and their albums, and embedded the music video for "Sexy and I Know It" into the post. I said that I didn't know LMFAO was such a famous group, and that the only songs I'd heard by them were "Sexy and I Know It" and "Party Rock Anthem." The video was interesting, to say the least, and I thought it was cool that they knew so much about the group.

My next kid was Eric P. whose blog post Diary of Wimpykids was about a game in the book series Diary of a Wimpy Kid. In his post, he explained that the main character of the story was told to go eat some cheese they found on the ground, but he refused and pretended to have a cheese allergy. Somehow it evolved into them chasing each other, pretending they had the cheese touch. He even drew a picture of someone chasing someone else, trying to catch them and give them the cheese touch. I told him I liked his drawing. I mentioned that I've read that Diary of a Wimpy Kid books at the behest of my younger brother, and I'd liked the part of the book he described. I asked if he'd seen the movie, which I saw with my brother, and said that they're making another soon (if they haven't already).

My next kid, known simply as "5p13," wrote in his blog post I Love Being In Bed a poem about how much he loves to sleep. When his mom wakes him up in the morning he's mad the whole day. But when night comes he's happy again, because he gets to sleep more. I really liked his poem since I (and most anyone) can relate to that, and let him know in my comment. I hated it when my mom woke me up in the morning, but I hate it even more now that I have to get myself up in the morning. If only I could sleep all day and night too. But then I'd miss out on a lot of fun things.

1 comment:

  1. Emily,

    I love the post about the child who loves to sleep! So funny!

    Awesome job,

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete