Sunday, April 22, 2012

C4K Summary for April

C4K #8
Laura didn't have a new post for me to comment on, so I went to the second most recent post. The title-less post from October 19, 2011 had simply a link to a flickr picture of a cat climbing a tree, and a picture of three brown and white puppies leaning on each other tiredly. I said hello, and that I'm usually a cat person, but sometimes cute dogs just get to me in all the right ways. I asked if she was a cat or dog person, or maybe a hamster person, since she'd mentioned in her last post about her family that they'd owned two hamsters before one of them died. I also said that I was disappointed there was no new post, and that she must be busy. But now that I look at the date of the posts on her blog, I doubt there will be another new post anytime soon. I said that I would keep coming back and commenting, though, and of course I will.

C4K #9
Once more, there wasn't a new post by Laura, so I went even further back and found her post My Digital Citizenship :D. She was talking about how you have to be careful of the information you put on the internet, and how you shouldn't give out personal information especially, because even if you delete it, it still exists somewhere. She only gives her information to the websites she signs up for, like Facebook.

She's right, of course. But beyond that, you even have to be careful about mentioning landmarks near you, which could help total strangers figure out where you live. I told her I was glad she knew not to give out her information, and that you also have to watch out for mean people on the internet. Not everyone is kind, thought they should be, and if she ever talked to a mean person, I told her to ignore them or only answer nicely. I told her I had been hoping she would have another post--but as I mentioned I don't think another will be forthcoming--and that I hoped there would be a new one by my next visit, even though that was the last post we had to comment on for the Blogging Challenge.
A butterfly called a Rusty-Tipped Page sitting on a flower, wings spread in a manner that suggests it could sever your head from your shoulders at a moments notice, so you better not mess with it.

C4K #10
Our Visit to Butterfly Creek by Room 6 at Pt England School was a video slideshow of photos of the classes' trip to Butterfly Creek, where they played in a butterfly garden. The kids in the photos were all smiling or looking at the butterflies that landed on them in wonder. They all looked like they were having a good time, which I said in my comment. I said that I had been to a butterfly garden once, at the Festival of Flowers they hold around here, but none of them had landed on me. I'm scared of bugs, though, so that's probably a good thing. I asked if they learned a lot about different types of butterflies and if they had any favorites. I'd like to take my students on a trip like that--one that brings such big smiles on their faces and that look of wonder in their eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment